Thank you for your interest in the Stafford Township Green Team. If you are looking to get involved or find out more about our actions and initiatives you can contact Matthew von der Hayden at 609-597-1000 ext. 8516 or by email email@example.com
Community support is needed, welcomed, and appreciated!
About the Stafford Township Green Team
The Stafford Township Green Team was established in 2019 and received its Certified Bronze Level in 2020. They have completed 20+ Sustainable Jersey actions including:
- Community Education & Outreach Events
- Volunteer maintained and cultivated Community Gardens throughout the Township
- Installation of EV Charging Stations at the Municipal Complex and Bay Avenue Community Center
- Recycling Depot
- Municipal Carbon Footprint
- Prescription Drug Safety & Disposal
- Backyard Composting Program
- Stafford Township Farmers Market
The Stafford Township Green Team's 2022 actions include educating the public on backyard composting and proper recycling, creating safe routes to school, implementing a Natural Resources Inventory, and preparing the community for the statewide law banning single use plastic and paper bags.
We invite the public to attend an in-person meeting or visit one, or all three, of our community gardens. Our Farmer’s Market at Heritage Park runs from June through mid-September with a number of local vendors and community groups. Please consider joining us. We are eager to connect with our community members and organizations in our mission to promote sustainable living in our town.
The Green Team meetings are open to the public and meet the first Monday of each month at 6:00pm in the Stafford Township Township Council Meeting Room.
Green Team Members:
- Robert Kirwan
- Glenn Perry
- Megan Brunatti
- Sharon McKenna
- Robert J. Kokai
- Monica Zabroski
- Vicky McErlean
- Barbara Reynolds
- Matthew von der Hayden, Township Administrator/Director of Water & Sewer Utility
- Linda Yockachonis, Planning Board/Environmental Secretary
Green Team Meeting Agendas and Minutes
February 1, 2021- CANCELED Agenda
May 5, 2022 Agenda