Class II Officers
STAFFORD TOWNSHIP POLICE DEPARTMENT | PART-TIME CLASS II SPECIAL POLICE OFFICER
The Stafford Township Police Department is accepting applications for the position of Part-Time/Seasonal Class II Special Police Officer.
- New Jersey Police Training Commission Special Law Enforcement Officer II Certificate is required OR
- Completion of a New Jersey Police Training Commission Special Law Enforcement Officer II Certificate by June 30, 2022.
The closing date for applications will be June 30, 2022.
This position is separate from the department’s full-time hiring announcement and entrance test conducted early this year.
- Be at least 21 years of age and no older than 35 years of age
- Be a citizen of the United States
- Be a resident of New Jersey and have a valid NJ driver’s license
- Education Requirements (must be met by June 30, 2022):
- Must have earned a Bachelor’s degree or have earned 120 credits from an accredited college or university OR
- Have earned 60 credits from an accredited college or university AND have 2 years of active duty in the military with an honorable discharge OR
- Have earned an associate’s degree or 60 credits from an accredited college or university AND have 2 years’ experience as a full time regular police officer OR
- Have earned an associate's degree or 60 college credits from an accredited college or university PLUS have a minimum of 24 months of satisfactory employment as a Class II Special Police Officer. Work experience as a Class II Special Police Officer must equate to 104 weeks of employment with a minimum of 20 hours of work per week. The 104 weeks are not required to be consecutive.
- Be of sound moral character verified by a background investigation
- Oral Interview
- Background Investigation
- Psychological Screening
- Medical Screening
- Drug Screening
If you have any further inquiries, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.