I need to change my court date. How do I do this?
You must call the court to request an adjournment. If you need the date changed due to a previously scheduled vacation or work/school conflict, documentation must be provided.

No adjournments are granted on the date that you are due to appear. In the case of an emergency, documentation and/or a doctor’s note will be required.

Adjournments are not granted for arraignments on indictable matters or first appearances for serious motor vehicle summonses issued for DWI (39:4-50), driving while suspended (39:3-40) or uninsured motor vehicle (39:6B-2).

Show All Answers

1. Is Stafford Township Court handicapped accessible?
2. I need to change my court date. How do I do this?
3. I would like to plead guilty to a lesser charge. What do I do?
4. I want to sign a complaint. How do I do this?
5. What is Citizen Dispute Resolution or Mediation?
6. I need an attorney but can not afford one. Can I be represented by the public defender?
7. Can you recommend an attorney?
8. I received a subpoena to testify from your court. Do I have to appear?
9. I received a legal notice indicating a change of court date, but never received an actual subpoena. Do I have to appear?
10. I understand a warrant for my arrest has been issued. What do I do?
11. My driver’s license was suspended because I did not pay my ticket. How do I resolve this?