1. YOU MUST APPLY ONLINE using Stafford Township ORI# NJ0153000 (link below)
Out of State Resident – apply at a non-toll road State Police Barracks closest to your residence.
In State Resident – apply to your local police department (State Police patrolled areas apply tolocal Barracks.)
PLEASE PROVIDE THE FOLLOWING AT TIME OF APPLICATION:
1. Driver’s License and Birth Certificate OR Driver’s License and Passport OR Driver’sLicense and Naturalization Paperwork/Green Card
2. Upload a photo (passport style)
3. Submit proof of qualification with a certified firearms instructor along with firearmsinstructor proof of certification. Upload when requested.
4. This application when submitted to a municipality along with an additional $150.00 money order paid directlyto the municipality.
5. Submit proof of qualification with a certified firearms instructor along with firearms instructor proof of certification.
** ALL APPLICANTS (INITIAL AND RENEWAL) FOR PERMIT TO CARRY A HANDGUN MUST HAVE A FIREARM ID CARD
** A NEW JERSEY PERMIT TO CARRY IS VALID FOR TWO (2) YEARS FROM TIME OF APPROVAL.
** IF ANY OF THE PRECEDING IS NOT COMPLETE OR INCORRECT THE APPLICATION WILL BERETURNED AND YOU WILL HAVE TO RE-APPLY.