FULL-TIME POLICE OFFICER
The Stafford Township Police Department is accepting applications for the position of full-time police officer. The closing date for applications will be Friday, October 25, 2019 at 4:00 PM.
- Be at least 21 years of age and no older than 35 years of age
- Be a citizen of the United States
- Be a resident of New Jersey and have a valid NJ driver’s license
- Possess a bachelor’s degree or have earned 120 credits from an accredited college or university, or
- Possess 60 credits from an accredited college or university and have 2-years’ experience as a full time regular police officer, or
- Possess an associate’s degree or 60 credits from an accredited college or university plus have a minimum of 24 months of cumulative employment as a Class II Special Police Officer
- Be of sound moral character verified by a background investigation
- Physical fitness indicator test
- November 3, 2019
- 0800 hours
- Southern Regional High School 11/12 gymnasium - 105 Cedar Bridge Rd, Manahawkin, NJ 08050
- Written exam
- November 6, 2019
- 1800 hours
- Southern Regional High School 9/10 cafeteria - 105 Cedar Bridge Rd, Manahawkin, NJ 08050
- Oral interview - TBD
- Background investigation
- Psychological screening
- Medical screening
- Drug Screening
- Starting salary for 2019 is $42,761 plus full health benefits and enrollment in the New Jersey Police and Fire Pension System.
- A police officer who previously worked for another municipality on a full-time basis may be appointed at higher step on the salary guide at the discretion of the Township Administrator.
All Applications and documents must be submitted online through Police App. No applications should be dropped off or mailed to the Stafford Township Police Department.
If you have any further inquiries, please contact Captain Herman Pharo at (609)597-1189 ext. 8421 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please direct questions regarding this position to email@example.com
Jobs close at 11:59 PM (Eastern) on the deadline date specified, or when the position capacity has been met, or unless otherwise specified in the announcement. If the deadline date is not specified in the announcement, the agency has sole discretion on setting the deadline and jobs may close without notice. It is the applicant's responsibility to thoroughly read and understand the deadline requirements and capacity limits as outlined by the agency.
Login & Apply